In the spirit of being positive about yourself and having a good outlooks on things, I’ve decided to number a few things that I think I’m good at. Just for kicks.
So here we go:
- I have never ever fucked up a dish so bad that it would be practically un-edible (is that even the right word?)
- I can sleep 12 hours every day without even trying.
- I hate math, but I understand it fairly well, so if I had an interest in it, I would be really good at it.
- I can learn stuff without studying. This is really handy, since I am also very lazy. I had one of the best GPA’s in my whole school without even trying that hard. The only thing I basically did, was show up at school and write stuff down.
- I can come across as a really friendly and outgoing person, I relate well to people of all social classes, including children and animals.
- If you need to talk about some deep shit with someone, I’m the one you need, cause I always know what to say to make you feel better (or make you pull your shit together)
- Even though I’m the forever alone person, always being the third wheel and stuff, I actually manage to give some really good relationship advice. Damn, I’d make a good girlfriend.
- I had a record in 4-th grade, I could eat a pizza in 52 seconds. Beat that.
- I have been running my blog consistently (at least 1 post every month, even though we all know that most of the times they’re more) for over 4 years now, which makes it my longest commitment to anything ever.
- I can learn languages fast-ish, if I want to. I can already speak and understand Finnish, though it’s arguable to what extent I can do it and so I rather speak English. I also learned German in 9 months (of course all communication skills are lost, since now I start replying in Finnish if I’m being asked anything in German, but at least I can understand)
- I’m good at taking care of people. Not the mother-type sort of thing, but I like it, when people are happy because of me and I like doing nice things for them.
- I’m really easy to approach. I don’t know why, but people are spilling their guts out to me, when they’ve talked to me for like 5 minutes. I kinda like it.
- I’m good at skiing. I’ve done it once in my life, so I can’t say that I can actually ski well, BUT on my second day of learning I was already on the black track! 🙂
- Ask me about procrastination, I can write a book about it…later someday. I’m the queen of postponing things until the very last minute.
- I can organize stuff pretty well, if given the opportunity. I myself cannot do all the work by myself, but what I’m the best at, is getting people to do it for me. I basically boss them around without even realizing it.
- I can get most people to do pretty much anything, because I am always so nice to them, that they feel guilty if they don’t do it. I am not the kind of person that begs for anything, nor am I being nice for the sake of getting favors back, but somehow my niceness always comes back to me in some way, when I need it.
- I can write long-ass existential essays without a considerate effort. That’s how I got through Etis with an average of 9,1.
- I am a person, who is interested in literally everything. I love reading about the economic situation in some third world country, or watching about the breeding season of the Brazilian killer wasps, or going to a real-life corpse and cutting it open to see what’s inside, or learning about camera equipment or marketing strategies. I like this quality about myself, it makes me learn useless stuff for most of the time, but my basic knowledge is broader and I can handle my facts.
- I am a good friend or I always try to be. Besides my personal dramas with myself, it has been a long time, since a friend has complained about my behavior towards them. I love my friends and when necessary, I’m ready to give them my full attention.
- I’m good at making lists and plans about the future, which doesn’t necessarily mean that I’m the best at actually putting them into action.
Well that’s all I can think of right now. And just so you’re not too bored, here’s a few bad qualities about myself, too:
- I have a really low self-esteem and a poor body-image about myself. I’m always worrying about how I look.
- I really like sports, but I’m so bad at them that I just don’t do them.
- I really, really hate cleaning. I do it only because I absolutely have to. This is my worst nightmare. You can threaten me with vacuuming. I hate that time of the week more than I hate doing useless stuff.
- I don’t usually give 100000000% of my abilities if it is not about something I care about. But if I do something, I MUST do it perfectly.
- I don’t speak Finnish, not because I can’t, but because I’m too self-conscious about my abilities and I can’t bring myself to just give it a go.
Theeeere you go, wasn’t that nice.